Dehumidifiers are designed to remove water and moisture from either commercial or domestic properties and are most commonly used to repair water damage, keep mould at bay, or in some cases, to dry out properties as part of more extensive flood restoration.
So, if your commercial or residential property, or building site is suffering from any of the issues set out below, it could well be worth using dehumidifiers. And the good news is that you don’t have to purchase them, as there are dehumidifier hire options available today, like those from Enfield-based Mr Plant Hire serving London and the South East.
Here at Mr Plant Hire, we’ve identified 10 of the most common occasions and circumstances where dehumidifier hire could be the solution to your problems:
Commercial dehumidifier hire
- Building sites. As moisture can easily get into buildings during the construction process, dehumidifiers are often used to stop water damage before the building is even finished.
- Business premises. Some offices and other business premises are prone to moisture in the air. If left untreated, this can lead to mould build-up and even ill health.
- High-end equipment or product protection. Dehumidifiers can be used to protect expensive equipment and inventory from moisture damage and musty smells.
- Flood sites. If a business premises is flooded, a dehumidifier can be used to remove excess water.
- Restoration sites. Once excess water has been removed following a flood, commercial dehumidifiers can also be used to reduce damage to furniture and other items that have been affected by flooding.
Domestic dehumidifier hire
- In the home. Dehumidifiers can be used in any home where moisture damage is a problem, helping to eliminate dampness, mould and bad smells.
- For the nursery. If there is any sign of dampness in a baby’s nursery, a dehumidifier can be used to treat this, ensuring that the risk of allergies and respiratory illnesses are minimised.
- In residential homes for the elderly. Like babies, older people are particularly at risk from damp conditions, so dehumidifiers are often used to avoid causing illness through damp and airborne allergens.
- In the home-based office. Often people build extensions to house an office or set one up in the garage. These areas may be a lot colder and damper than other areas of the home, so a dehumidifier can be really useful.
- For flooded homes. Like business premises, homes can become flooded. In these cases, dehumidifiers can be used to remove excess water from rooms and to treat damaged furniture and fittings.
Dehumidifier hire from Mr Plant Hire
Mr Plant Hire provides dehumidifiers for heavy duty building sites as well as for domestic purposes. If you have a problem with damp, mould or flooding, get in touch. We will be able to recommend the best dehumidifier hire options for your commercial or residential property. Our dehumidifiers are top-of-the-range and cost-effective, giving great results at affordable prices.
Contact Mr Plant Hire today to find out more about our dehumidifier hire options.