Enfield-based Mr Plant Hire one of the longest established businesses supplying plant hire in the London area has been awarded silver certification for FORS (The Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme).
(FORS) is a voluntary scheme for fleet operators which aims to raise the level of quality within fleet operations, and to demonstrate which operators are achieving the standard.
FORS encourages operators to take a closer look at their operation and identify areas of strength to be exploited and areas for improvement to be addressed. Fleet operators actively committing to drastically improve safety, environmental impact and efficiency through a range of initiatives.
The Silver FORS Criteria and what it means for Mr Plant Hire customers
By being awarded FORS Silver, Mr Plant Hire customers can be assured that their operation is being run safely, efficiently and in an environmentally sound manner and that for its fleet of plant hire vehicles:
- drivers hold a valid licence for the category of vehicle they are tasked to drive
- all vehicles over 3.5 tonnes gross weight are equipped with audible means to warn other road users of a vehicle’s left manoeuvre
- all vehicles over 3.5 tonnes gross weight have front, side and rear blind-spots completely eliminated or minimised as far as is practical and possible through a combination of fully operational direct and indirect vision aids and driver audible alerts
- all drivers (including those exempt or not in scope of the Driver Certificate of Professional Competence) undergo approved progressive training specifically covering the safety of vulnerable road users
- it investigates and analyses all transport related fines and charges and implements intervention(s) to reduce them
- measures its fleet’s performance across baseline data and initiate active monitoring of the following performance indicators
- Total fuel usage and costs by distances travelled
- Transport related CO2 output and by distance travelled
- Total incident and collision data and costs involving personal injury, vehicle or property damage
- Total transport related fines and charges
Accredited fleet hire companies must pass an independent audit once every year, to verify that they continue to meet the FORS
If you want to be sure that your plant hire supplier is vigilant about safety standards, look for the FORS logo. Regular users of fleet operator services will automatically check that their suppliers are FORS accredited.
Choose Mr Plant Hire for safety compliance assurance
The long-established Mr Plant Hire plc was founded in 1981 and the Company has always been determined to ensure top quality plant, an excellent level of service and an unequivocal commitment to safety continuing as a top priority.
Mr Plant Hire Plc also offers a wide range of IPAF courses and PASMA Training across London and the Home Counties.
Members of the team are also available to visit Mr Plant Hire customers either at their offices or on site upon request, thus providing a personal service with the confidence of getting things right first time.
We pride ourselves on both pre-hire and post-hire service which we employ to ensure our customers’ full satisfaction throughout our partnership. Contact the Mr Plant Hire team now for safety advice on your next plant hire.