The Poll revealed that:
1) 76% of workers in the construction sector are satisfied in their role
2) 62% would choose an entirely different career if given their time again
3) When asked why, 43% cited lack of job satisfaction and 39% said it was down to money.
4) Within the past 12 months:
• 44% of those questioned had received a pay rise
• 28% had got a bonus
• 25% had benefited from staff entertainment
• But only 17% (one in 6) said that they had received any training in the past year.
Additional research carried out by recruitment firm, Reed found that:
1) While 16% of construction workers have been with the same employer over the course of their career, 24% have moved workplaces seven or more times.
2) When asked why they changed employer, respondents reported better salary elsewhere (59%), better prospects or promotion (36%) and boredom with their current role (28%) as the top three reasons for moving.
3) 14% intend to look for a new job in the next 12 months
Both research findings are reported in The Construction Index. Click here to read the full article
PLANT TRAINING FOR CONSTRUCTION STAFF
These findings would appear to indicate that staff training for construction workers not only improves the skills of your workforce but that it is also important in providing workers with new challenges to keep them loyal.
Enfield based plant hire company, Mr Plant Hire, makes it easy for construction businesses to train their staff. Mr Plant Hire’s courses run frequently, many of them run weekly, with group discounts available. Their training courses include:
• IPAF Training Courses at their fully accredited IPAF Powered Access Training Centre in North London & on-sites nationwide
• PASMA Training Courses at Mr Plant Hire’s fully accredited PASMA Training Centre in North London. These are half day in-house training courses in London – covering safety harness training, abrasive wheels training, asbestos awareness training and confined space awareness
• Other courses include: CPCS and RTITB Training, PAT Testing Training, Fire Marshal Training, Breathing Apparatus, Cat and Genny and First Aid Training.
Mr Plant Hire is always on the lookout for new courses to add to our catalogue. To find out more about how you could invest in cost-effective and flexible training for your construction workers. Contact Mr Plant Hire now for further details.